The i3 Berlin combines fun and satisfaction. With our online construction manual and carefully manufactured parts we guarantee an easy and fast building experience, we also deliver printing profiles for all common slicing software, free open source slicers like Cura as well as proprietary software like Kisslicer or Simplyify3D.The Assembled version is delivered calibrated and you can start printing directly out of the box
- Improved linear motion for superior resolution with layer heights of up to 0.02mm
- Improved extruder design for a completely even extrusion. The result of a full redesign of core components on the E3D v5.0 Hotend. Nozzle diameters from 0.25 to 1 mm are available.
- Improved surface quality when printing below 0.2mm layer height
- Completly no play and wear out on the z-axis
IMPROVED EXTRUDER DESIGN
- Made from a combination of printed parts and aluminium plates
- E3D hotend
HEATED BUILD PLATFORM
- It is crucial to have a flat and heated build platform to print reliably and resist warping.
- 3 point knob leveling system for fast calibration even during print.
STURDY ALUMINIUM FRAME
- Reinforced construction with integrated Power Supply for increased stability.
STAND ALONE OPERATION
- Print directly from an SD Card and use your computer for other tasks then comanding the printer.
- The full graphic LCD controller gives you continuous access to all settings during print.
PORTABLE, VERSATILE & USER FRIENDLY
- Portable and modular, the i3 BERLIN fits almost anywhere, from the desktop to your hand luggage.
- The aluminium construction & organized cabling make it a visualy pleasant intuitive design. It also provides easy access to all of its components.
INDUSTRY LEVEL ACCURACY, SPEED AND DURABILITY
- The i3 BERLIN is capable of printing in paper-thin layers of only 100 microns ( 0.1 mm).
- Printing speeds of 80mm/s are default and can be pushed to 120 mm/s if needed.
- All moving elements are equiped with linear ball bearings assuring reliable and maintenance free operation.
QUALITY OPEN HARDWARE
- The entire machine is an open hardware design. You can print parts for your second printer and purchase mechanical and electronic parts from our fully disclosed bill of materials.
- Upgrades can be downloaded for free and integrated at near zero costs in your machine after you printed them.
- While producing the i3 Berlin is allowed under GPL license. If you do so, keep in mind to keep to fully credit to the people who contributed to this project. If you like us to keep on developing, do not destroy our business.
- We believe in free exchange of information that's why the “recipe” for building the i3-BERLIN is open for anyone. Everyone can make it, yet we think we can deliver the best quality possible, because we designed it.
LARGE VARIETY OF PRINTABLE MATERIALS
- The i3-BERLIN comes equiped with the E3D full metal hotend. This hotend has a very short melting trajectory wich reduces oozing and extruding forces.
- Full metal means any thermoplastic can be extruded, and the hotend is not sensitive to accidental overheating.
- All thermoplastics can be printed as long as they come in a string of 1.75mm or 3mm(optional). Typicaly used are PLA and ABS but also experimental materials can be printed, such as: PolyCarbonate, PEEK, Nylon, PVA, Wood filaments, Conductive ABS, Flexible materials,
- Since the i3-BERLIN is an open hardware product it can be adapted to print with other materials. The printer can be equipped with an optional dual printhead and currently we have an R&D trajectory for printing with chocolate and clay.
SOURCE FILES AND ASSEMBLY GUIDE: