With its life-influencing attributes, 3D printing technology is set to rule the future of almost all the sectors alike.
For instance, you could talk about the most prestigious medical sector. Researchers have used industrial 3D printers and successfully developed fully 3D printed human body organs which could be any day used to benefit the humans.
Similarly, there are hoards of other production and manufacturing industries which have a mighty influence of the most exciting 3D printing technology.
3D Printing In Construction Industry:
There’s yet another industry which too is reaping hoards of benefits using the 3D printing technology. This is the prestigious construction industry.
Imagine owning a land on which you need to construct a house. You could have had everything viz. money, material, labor, and all that is required. But with the traditional methods, you yourself know how long it takes to construct even the simplest of houses.
Now, you have an alternative.
Very soon, you too could use a desktop 3D printer to develop 3D printed portions of the house. These could be assembled together and used as a living space for you and your family.
Too hard to even imagine? Well, the 3D printing industry has a wide scope and you are not too far from such a thing. Let us prove this with a few examples:
Examples Of 3D Printed Constructions:
· ‘Qingdao Unique Products Development Co.’, a China-based firm presented the World’s largest 3D printer in July 2014. It was the ‘World 3D Printing Industry Conference’ that saw this printer unveiled, and its job would be to print the ‘Temple of Heaven’ which is 7 meters high.
· The 3D printing technology was used to develop a steel node, which was to be used for a lightweight construction. This was developed by engineers from a world-class firm ‘Arup’. It was said to reduce costs and lessen the scrap.
· Professor ‘Behrokh’ from the ‘University of California’ was successful in developing a process known as ‘contour crafting’. He used a giant, but transportable 3D printer to print internal and external walls of houses, and amazingly, these could be printed within less than 24 hours.
· As of May 2014, a Dutch company is constructing a fully-printed 3D house and wishes to demonstrate the power of this newest technology.
· WinSun Decoration Design Engineering- a Shanghai-based firm used large 3D Printers to construct a number of demonstration houses and that too within less than 24 hours. They used a blend of recycled raw materials and quick drying cement in the process.
Thus, the 3D printing industry has turned way too mammoth than the simpler desktop 3D printers at your home. The technology has promised hoards of benefits for the construction sector and read along to get some of them.
Benefits Of 3D Printed Constructions:
Imagine your personal 3D printers printing whole of your house! Highly doubtful, but the technology surely has the potential.
And while the construction industry totally imbibes the process of 3D printing, it would definitely reap benefits such as:
· Better Shapes, Designs And Possibilities: Gone are the days when you had only a limited number of methods to construct a beautiful design for your house. Now, you could use the 3D printers to print all your desirable designs, shapes and objects without any limitations for their possibilities.
· Lower Than The Traditional Costs: With 3D printing technique, you would need only a limited amount of materials, which almost exactly fit your construction needs. You could assess the requirements beforehand and buy only the desired amount of products needed for the construction.
· Construction At Remote Constructions: There are some highly isolated places where transportation of construction materials, labor and other elements could be a difficult task. However, now you could transport the 3D printers with only the required amount of material to fabricate the living spaces in a very short period.
· Improved Planning Of Projects: With an improvement in designs, reduction in materials and lesser labor used, 3D printing technology could even help in improving the project planning process in the construction sector. You could break the shackles of limitations and think beyond the complications (when they get lessened).
· Lesser Waste Products: As aforementioned, you could assess all that you need in terms of materials required for construction. This means that you order only a limited amount of materials (with just a bit of surplus) and you would encounter negligible waste materials.
· Greener Constructions: 3D printing promises a greener construction with the use of recycled raw materials as the printing inks. This means the constructed living spaces would be a lot compliant with the environmental needs.
· Construction In The Least Time Period: Again, a very great advantage of the 3D printing technology. You could print the desired elements separately in a very less time and assemble them to form a complete living structure.
With these benefits for the construction sector, 3D printing technology has yet again proved its mettle for yet another industry. Till now, you must have been buying cheap 3D printers to construct petty domestic elements.However, in time, you would see people getting personal 3D printers to print a variety of their house-structure portions and that too, within their house. The time is not too far.